August 11, 2022
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
August 12, 2022
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Dates: Thursday August 11 and Friday Aug 12, 2022
Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
You must register by July 28, 2022, as there is a mail out package that attendees will need prior to training.
Please register with a mailing address
Location: Zoom (Zoom Link will be provided the day before training)
AHVNA Member: $25.00 (to cover materials)
Non Member: $50.00 (to cover materials)
Home Visitation Spoke: no charge
FRN – Other Spoke: no charge
Alberta Home Visitation Network Association Presents:
Ages & Stages Questionnaires® Third Edition (ASQ®-3) is a developmental screening tool designed for use by home visitors, family support workers, early childhood educators and medical professionals with parents. It relies on parents as experts, is easy-to-use, family-friendly and creates the snapshot needed to catch delays and celebrate milestones.
ASQ®:SE-2 is tailored to identify and exclusively screen social and emotional behaviors. With questionnaire results, professionals can quickly recognize young children at risk for social or emotional difficulties, identify behaviors of concern to caregivers, and identify any need for further assessment or support.
Note: Each staff member who will be using the ASQ-3 and ASQ: SE-2 with families requires training in use of the tool by a certified trainer. Agencies will need to purchase (or have purchased) the screening tool packages, which include formats for both copying and printing, directly from Brookes publishing.(https://www.brookespublishing.com/product/asq-3/; https://www.brookespublishing.com/product/asqse-2/)
Topics covered include:
- Why ASQ and ASQ: SE?
- How to introduce, discuss and complete the screenings, including considerations for Home Visitation or Relationship-Based Practice
- How to score each tool
- What the scores indicate
- Conversations with families regarding results
- Using the information gathered in ASQ and ASQ-SE to enhance and guide work with families
There are no prerequisite courses for this training.
Virtual Training Expectations:
- As this is a virtual training, not a webinar, each participant must have access to a camera, mic and internet
- Requirements to receive a certificate:
- Attend the entire training, with camera on (infrequent breaks from the camera are permitted)
- Participate in break out rooms and activities
- Please contact AHVNA prior to registration if this is an issue and we can help problem solve.
We want you to get as much out of the virtual training as you would an in-person training!