November 16, 2023
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
November 17, 2023
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Alberta Home Visitation Network Association
Ages and Stages Questionnaires Training
About the Questionnaires
ASQ-3/ASQ:SE-2 training designed to support the use of ASQ and ASQ:SE with families to further support relationship building with the family, as well as between family members and children.
Ages & Stages Questionnaires® Third Edition (ASQ®-3) is a developmental screening tool designed for use by home visitors, family support workers, early childhood educators and medical professionals with parents. It relies on parents as experts, is easy-to-use, family-friendly and creates the snapshot needed to catch delays and celebrate milestones.
ASQ®:SE-2 is tailored to identify and exclusively screen social and emotional behaviors. With questionnaire results, professionals can quickly recognize young children at risk for social or emotional difficulties, identify behaviors of concern to caregivers, and identify any need for further assessment or support.
Topics covered include:
- Why ASQ and ASQ: SE?
- How to introduce, discuss and complete the screenings, including considerations for Home Visitation and Relationship-Based Practice in general
- How to score each tool
- What the scores indicate
- Conversations with families regarding results
- Using the information gathered in ASQ and ASQ-SE to enhance and guide work with families
There are no prerequisite courses for this training.
Dates: Thursday November 16 and Friday November 17, 2023
Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
You must register by November 2, 2023, as there is a mail out package that attendees will need prior to training.
Please register with a mailing address
Location: Zoom (Zoom Link will be provided the day before training)
AHVNA Member: $25.00 (to cover materials)
Non Member: $50.00 (to cover materials)
Home Visitation Spoke: no charge
FRN – Other Spoke: no charge
Virtual Training Expectations:
- As this is a virtual training, not a webinar, each participant must have access to a camera, mic and internet
- Requirements to receive a certificate:
- Attend the entire training, with camera on (infrequent breaks from the camera are permitted)
- Participate in break out rooms and activities
- Please contact AHVNA prior to registration if this is an issue and we can help problem solve.
We want you to get as much out of the virtual training as you would an in-person training!
Note: Each staff member who will be using the ASQ-3 and ASQ: SE-2 with families requires training in use of the tool by a certified trainer. Agencies will need to purchase (or have purchased) the screening tool packages, which include formats for both copying and printing, directly from Brookes publishing.(https://www.brookespublishing.com/product/asq-3/; https://www.brookespublishing.com/product/asqse-2/)
Registration fees are non-refundable.
We encourage you to send a substitute if you are unable to attend the workshop, as there is a NO SHOW charge for all absent registrants. Cancellations need to be made ONE WEEK prior to the workshop date.
Should a workshop not reach its minimum registration requirement, it will be cancelled ONE WEEK prior to the workshop commencement date. Registrants will be informed by e-mail or telephone, and registration fees will be refunded.