February 10, 2021 - March 17, 2021
1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
February 10 – March 17, 2021, weekly on Wednesdays, 1:30-3:00 pm
(register by Feb 3, 2021)
Free for Home Visitation team members who have completed Great Kids Inc Integrated Strategies Training
GKI Integrated Strategies
Action Tool Virtual Workshop Series
Alberta Home Visitation Network Association
About the Series:
Great Kids Inc integrated Strategies training rapidly covers a series of strength-based tools designed to support families with their goals within the context of their strengths, beliefs, and family culture. After a four-day intensive training it is easy to lose track of all the details.
This 6-week series will support team members to implement the tools in their practice and to deepen their use of the tools to support families in achieving their goals.
This Series will include the opportunity to:
- Practice and discuss the use of tools like the Family Values and the What I Want for My Child activities.
- Review and practice the use of ATP, SATP, Problem Talk, Normalizing, and Explore and Wonder, using the family’s values.
- Review and practice Be Present and Connect and explore how this tool can support a transition to focus on parent child interaction in home visits.
- Discuss with peers how these tools might be best used in your community, with the families you partner with.
Who Should Attend:
- Only those who have completed Great Kids Inc Integrated Strategies for Home Visiting may attend.
- We strongly encourage teams to attend with their coworkers, including supervisors, etc., as there will be opportunities to discuss how the tools might work in your community and agency.
Virtual Workshop Expectations
This is a series of workshops where attendees will practice, participate, and discuss, including the use of break out rooms.
As such each person attending must have the following:
- Computer with camera, microphone, and internet connection
- Their copy of the Integrated Strategies for Home Visiting manual
- Paper and pen for writing activities down
We want people to get as much from our virtual workshops as they would from an in-person series.