Session 5 (Supervisors)
September 23, 2022
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Alberta Home Visitation Network Association
Integrated Strategies for Home Visiting
Growing Great Kids Inc.
Just for Supervisors/Managers (1 additional day):
This day of training introduces Home Visitor Supervisors to their four basic roles, with a special focus on meeting the needs of the individual supervisors attending:
- Management Systems for Launching Your Program
- Supporting Family Visitors to Integrate Training into On-the-Job Skills
- Quality Management for New Programs
How It Works Virtually:
All registrants must attend a virtual orientation the Wednesday (Sept 14, 2022) before the training from 11-12 noon MST (Alberta time)
Supervisors attend all five days
- prerequisite to attend the supervisor training is to attend the GKI-Integrated Strategies for Home visiting (first four days).
- If you took the GKI-Integrated Strategies for Home Visiting training previously, indicate the date in the comments section of the registration form
Only Supervisors, Managers and other leaders attend Friday
- Virtual, interactive training for 3 hours each morning
- Participants must have a camera on and mic available throughout the entire live virtual session
- And approximately 2-3 hours of self-directed learning each afternoon
- Please register for both (or individually as appropriate):
- Great Kids Integrated Strategies for Home Visitation
- Great Kids Integrated Strategies for Home Visitation Supervisors
Orientation: Wednesday Sept 14, 11:00 am-12 noon
Training: Monday, Sept 19- Thursday, Sept 22, 2022, approximately 9:00 am- 4:00 pm
- This training has up to two hours self directed learning in the afternoon
- Live virtual training is 9:00-12:00 noon daily (must be in attendance)
Supervisors must attend all of the above, plus Friday session, Sept 23, 2022 (9:00-12:00 noon)
Registration must be completed by Monday, August 1, 2022
- Books and materials will be sent directly to registrants to shipping address provided on the GKI Online Registration Form.
Home Visitors/Supervisors must be able to attend the orientation the Wednesday before, as well as all four days of the training (supervisors attend the fifth day as well)
Payment: This training is free for provincially funded Home Visitation and Early Childhood programs within Family Resource Networks – Alberta Home Visitation and Early Childhood Spokes
Supervisor day is included in the fee for the Great Kids Inc Integrated Strategies Training.
Two Part Registration
- Register online at www.ahvna.org
- Each registrant must have a unique email address
- Registrants will be emailed a link to complete registration on the Great Kids Inc. Academy
Fee: This workshop is offered to provincially funded Family Resource Network home visitation program spokes. The participant fee is covered under a grant.
Space is Limited- Max 15 participants
Cancellation Policy (note changes):
Cancellations or substitutions need to be made approximately 4 weeks prior to the workshop date, and prior to registration in the GKI portal. Changes cannot be made once an individual is registered in the Great Kids Inc Academy.
There is a NO SHOW charge (of up to $2000.00 US) for all absent registrants.
Virtual Training Expectations:
- As this is a virtual training, not a webinar, each participant must have access to a camera, microphone and internet
- Requirements to receive a certificate:
- Attend the entire training, with camera on (infrequent breaks from the camera are permitted)
- Participate in break out rooms and activities
- Please contact AHVNA prior to registration if this is an issue and we can help problem solve.
We want you to get as much out of the virtual training as you would an in-person training!