September 28, 2020 - October 1, 2020
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Alberta Home Visitation Network Association
Integrated Strategies for Home Visiting
Growing Great Kids Inc.
About GKI-Integrated Strategies for Home Visiting Seminar-SOLD OUT
In this 4-day skill-driven course, home visitors and other family practitioners acquire new tools for motivating and communicating with parents of infants and young children, aimed at supporting parents to form secure attachment relationships, be involved in their child’s development, strengthen the foundations of their family and solve their problems. Concrete skills are gained through video demonstrations followed by hands-on practice with commonly encountered parenting and family scenarios.
The following topics are covered:
- Why Prevention Programs for New Parents are a Wise Investment
- Building Prevention Programs that Build Protective Factors for Children
- Early Brain Development: New Frontiers
- Effects of Neglect and Childhood Trauma on Development and Adult Functioning
- Parent-Child Attachments: Ingredients and End Products
- Infant Cues and Signals
- CHEEERS: A Parent-Child Interaction-Relationship Assessment Tool
- Early Child Development: New Perspectives
- The Strength-Based Solution-Focused Approach: Examination of the Practitioner’s Beliefs and Interactions
- 7 Strength-Based, Solution-Focused Strategies for Motivating Nurturing Parenting and Strengthening Parents/Families
- Goal Setting and Follow Through: Making It Interesting and Painless for Everyone
- Dads Do Matter: Motivating Fathers to Participate in Your Program
- Embracing Culture & Traditions to Strengthen Families
- Establishing and Maintaining Professional Boundaries
How It Works Virtually:
All registrants must attend a virtual orientation the Wednesday before (September 23, 2020) the training from 11am – 12 noon MST (Alberta time)
Home visitors attend the first four days Monday to Thursday
- Virtual, interactive training for three hours each morning
- And approximately two-three hours of self-directed learning each afternoon
- Work must be completed prior to the following day
- May include working in pairs
- Facilitator will be available during the afternoon during Trainer’s Office Hours; tech support is also available for any IT assistance within GKI’s business hours, 8:00am – 5:00pm CT.
- In order for staff to receive a certificate they must complete all sessions
- in order for staff to attend the training they need to provide date their supervisor completed their training
Supervisors attend all five days
- prerequisite to attend the supervisor training is to attend the GKI-Integrated Strategies for Home visiting (first four days).
- register for the supervisors day separately
Only Supervisors, Managers and other leaders attend Friday
Facilitator: Great Kids Inc.
Registration – SOLD OUT
Orientation: Wednesday September 23, 2020 11 am – 12 noon (required) We understand there is a conflict with Developmental Parenting Webinar #1. We are working on a solution.
Training: Monday September 28, 2020 – Thursday October 1, 2020 approx. 8:30-4:30 pm
Supervisors must attend all of the above, plus Friday session, October 2, 2020 (approx. 8:30-4:30 pm)
Registration must be completed by Thursday August 27, 2020
- Books and materials will be sent directly to registrants to shipping address provided on the GKI Online Registration Form.
Home Visitors/Supervisors must be able to attend the orientation the Wednesday before, as well as all four days of the training (supervisors attend the fifth day as well).
Two Part Registration
- Register online at ahvna.org
- Each registrant must have a unique email address
- Registrants will be emailed a link to complete registration on the Great Kids Inc. portal
This is a CLOSED Group
Fee: This workshop is offered to provincially funded Family Resource Network home visitation programs. The participant fee is covered under a grant.
Space is Limited – Max 16 participants
Cancellation Policy (note changes):
Cancellations or substitutions need to be made approximately 4 weeks prior to the workshop date, and prior to registration in the GKI portal. Changes cannot be made once an individual is registered in the Great Kids Inc portal.
There is a NO SHOW charge (of up to $2000.00 US) for all absent registrants.