January 18, 2021 - January 21, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Alberta Home Visitation Network Association
Parent Survey for Community Outreach for Home Visiting Growing Great Kids Inc.
About Parent Survey for Community Outreach for Home Visiting
Parent Survey for Community Outreach is a 4-day competency development seminar for home visiting programs to learn how to implement the Parent Survey Validated tool for assessing families’ strengths and stressors related to child abuse and neglect.
Participants in this seminar learn how to systematically determine which of the families in your community will benefit the most from home visiting and other resources available for parents and young children.
During this seminar, participants learn how to implement a successful Parent Survey process with families while building the philosophical foundation for their work with families and introduction to the overall program goals.
At the end of this training, each participant should have developed inter-rater reliability in using the Parent Survey tool.
How It Works Virtually:
All registrants must attend a virtual orientation the Wednesday before (January 13, 2021) the training from 11am – 12 noon MST (Alberta time).
Home visitors attend the first four days (Monday to Thursday)
- Virtual, interactive training for 3.5 hours each day
- Participants must have a camera on and mic available throughout the entire live virtual session
- And approximately 2 hours of self-directed learning each day
- Work must be completed prior to the following day
- May include working in pairs
- Facilitator will be available during the afternoon during Trainer’s Office Hours; tech support is also available for any IT assistance within GKI’s business hours, 8:00am – 5:00pm CT.
- In order for staff to receive a certificate they must complete all sessions
Supervisors attend all five days
- prerequisite to attend the supervisor training is to attend the GKI-Parent Survey for Community Outreach (first four days).
Only Supervisors, Managers and other leaders attend Friday
- Virtual, interactive training for 3.5 hours Friday morning
- And approximately 2-3 hours of self-directed learning Thursday Afternoon/Evening
- Please register for both (or individually as appropriate):
- Great Kids Inc – Parent Survey for Community Outreach
- Great Kids Inc – Parent Survey for Community Outreach Supervisors
Dates: SOLD OUT
Orientation: Wednesday January 13, 11:00 am-12 noon
Training: Monday January 18 – Thursday January 21, 2021 approximately 9:00 am- 4:00 pm
- This training has up to two hours self directed learning in the afternoon
- Live virtual training is 9:00-12:30 pm daily (must be in attendance)
Supervisors must attend all of the above, plus Friday session, January 22, 2021 (9:00-12:30 pm)
Registration must be completed by Thursday, December 10, 2020 (TBC)
- Books and materials will be sent directly to registrants to the physical shipping address provided on the GKI Online Registration Form (cannot be delivered to a PO Box#).
Home Visitors/Supervisors must be able to attend the orientation the Wednesday before, as well as all four days of the training (supervisors attend the fifth day as well).
Two Part Registration
- Register online at www.ahvna.org
- Each registrant must have a unique email address
- Registrants will be emailed a link to complete registration on the Great Kids Inc. portal.
- GKI Online Registration Form must be completed by each participant prior to the registration closure date
- Names of attendees cannot be changed or training cancelled once this step is complete
- Supervisor cannot register staff on staff member’s behalf.
Payment: This training is free for provincially funded home visitation program spokes within Family Resource Networks
Cancellation Policy (note changes):
Cancellations or substitutions need to be made approximately 4 weeks prior to the workshop date, and prior to registration in the GKI portal. Changes cannot be made once an individual is registered in the Great Kids Inc portal.
There is a NO SHOW charge (of up to $2000.00 US) for all absent registrants.
If a workshop does not reach its minimum registration requirement, it will be cancelled prior to the workshop commencement date. Registrants will be informed by email or telephone.