October 17, 2023
1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Kids Have Stress, Too! 0-6 yrs (Virtual)
Alberta Home Visitation Network
About Kids Have Stress, Too! 0-6 yrs:
This training provides a comprehensive introduction to key aspects of early childhood and brain development, as well as the crucial role caregivers and educators, play in helping children learn effective stress-management strategies.
- Increased awareness of stress from a child’s point of view
- Understanding of the impact of stress on a child’s physical, mental, and emotional coping abilities and how it affects their behavior
- Concrete strategies to help children reduce and effectively manage some of the stress in their lives, within early learning programs, centers or home.
- Understanding of practitioners’ role in helping children and families manage stress, through role modeling and demonstrating stress-management techniques in their day-today work with the families.
Virtual Workshop Expectations:
In this training, attendees will practice, participate, and discuss; breakout rooms will also be used.
We want people to get as much from our virtual training as they would from an in-person training, therefore, each person attending must have the following:
- Computer with camera, microphone, and internet connection
- Access to a web browser
*All registrants are required to complete a pre-training, self-directed learning module (virtual) in order to be able to attend the Zoom session. All registrants must submit their self-directed learning certificate of completion before October 13, 2023.
Attendance of both Zoom sessions AND completion of the self-directed learning module are required for a full certificate of completion.
Who Should Attend:
Professionals in Home Visitation or Family Resource Networks working with families of children ages 0-6 years old
Tuesday, October 17, 2023 1:30-4:30 PM (Register by October 9, 2023)
FRN – Early Childhood Spoke or Hub: Free
FRN – Home Visitation Spoke: Free
AHVNA Member: $100
Non Member: $150.00
Registration fees are non-refundable.
We encourage you to send a substitute if you are unable to attend the workshop, as there is a NO SHOW charge for all absent registrants. Cancellations need to be made ONE WEEK prior to the workshop date.
Should a workshop not reach its minimum registration requirement, it will be cancelled ONE WEEK prior to the workshop commencement date. Registrants will be informed by e-mail or telephone, and registration fees will be refunded.